Art Shows, Events & Classes
In 2017 and I am following a new path focusing almost exclusively on promoting the knowledge and the supplies needed to make Scandinavian rya rugs.
SHOWS: I have no shows scheduled for 2017 so I have time to finish my book and escort it through publication–and beyond.
I know I will be doing an impulsive show now and then, so subscribe to my blog and newsletter to hear about them in a timely manner.
CLASSES: I will be teaching at the first STITCHES UNITED Conference in Hartford, Connecticut April 27-30. I have learned that the class has filled, but there are many wonderful classes. I will be available during the whole conference to answer your questions.
Common Ground on the Hill Traditions Camp Week II, I am teaching Rya Rug design and construction.
OPEN STUDIO: I am experimenting with Studio Drop-In days where you can drop in to Byrdcall Studio without an appointment. Noon to 6 PM. Stay tuned to the announcements of the dates.
- You could drop in to check out what rya is …
- You could peruse hundreds of design possibilities …
- You could impulse-buy a T-shirt …
- You might need a special hand-printed greeting card …
- You could come for help in getting started on a rya project …
- You could bring a friend just to see what goes on in the studio…
- You could ask to see my 1/2 Price rya yarn bin …
- You could say, “Hey, Melinda, put me to work making yarn sample cards for an hour.” [Yes!]